1. Infrastructure and content
Goal: further development and implementation of the edusources platform for digital learning materials and tools for collaborating on, creating, and editing various learning materials.
2. Developing a professionalisation programme for digital (OER) learning resources.
Goal: to professionalize instructors/students/support staff in the use/reuse of digital (OER) learning resources. This should enable instructors and students to feel more motivated, more competent, and better supported in achieving our 2023 ambition of putting together and using the optimum mix of educational resources for them.
3. Supporting the change process
Goal: to facilitate the “Towards Digital Open Educational Resources” change process aimed at creating an optimum mix of educational resources at higher education institutions.
4. Vision and beyond
Goal: to gain an understanding of the issues involved in combining commercial and non-commercial learning materials. Based on that insight and our 2020 vision document, the zone can determine a strategy for effectively involving publishers in achieving the zone’s ambitions and the Acceleration Plan.
5. Identification and agenda-setting
Goal: to identify relevant developments regarding learning resources outside the zone and place them on the agenda of the zone or of relevant parties outside the zone. The following conditions must be met if the intended results are to be achieved:
- Sufficient capacity must be made available within each participating institution to deliver the intended results within the institution and across institutions;
- Working groups have sufficient time and people to deliver the intended results;
- Stakeholders outside the zone will provide cooperation as needed to achieve the intended results;
- All participating institutions are represented at the zone’s working meetings.